WHAT TO BRING
Polarized sunglasses, brimmed hats, warm jacket, rain suit, rubber or waterproof boots, casual clothing, gloves, hiking boots.
Waders are necessary if you want to wade the river, but fly fishing is also done from boats.
Camera, toiletries, sunscreen, razor, shampoo, prescription medicine etc.
NOT REQUIRED: SLEEPING BAG, PILLOW, TOWELS, WASH CLOTHS.
Maximum 50 lbs. per person.
The lodge Store has a complete selection of lures & terminal tackle available. If you are unsure or unable to acquire these items in your area it may be more economical or convenient to wait and purchase these at Frontier. The Store also has souvenirs, T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, caps, etc., all with the Frontier Lodge logo.
- Trolling Rod 7 – 8 ft. medium-heavy action
- Spinning Rod 7 – 8 ft. medium-heavy action
- Fly rod 9 ft. long in 8, 9 or 10 weight, reels with good drag system and capacity for 150 yards of 30# Dacron backing, 24 ft. long sinking tip lines in 200 grain and 400 grain weights with floating running lines, or full sinking density compensated lines in type 5 or type 6, 9 ft. leaders ending in 12 to 15 pound tippet.
- We strongly recommend at least 40 lb. braid with fluorocarbon leaders
- Spinning rod 4-6 ft. ultra-light, 4-8 lb. mono.
- Fly rod 9 ft. long in 4 or 5 weight, reel with 50 yards of 20# Dacron backing, WF4 or WF5 floating line, 12 ft. long leaders with tippets in 5X and 4X
- Spinning rod 7 – 7 ½ ft. medium-heavy action with 30 lb. braided line.
- Fly rod 9 ft. long in 8, 9 or 10 weight, reels with 150 yards of 30# Dacron backing, pike taper floating line, 10 or 13 type 3 or 4 sinking tip line with floating running line, 9 ft. long pike leaders with wire shock tippet
- Large spoons, 1⁄2 oz. Casting jigs, large spinners, 3-4 oz. Deep water jigging lures such as Bondy Baits, Shadzillas, Jr Shadzillas and Tube Jigs.
- Colours – White, chartreuse, red & white, yellow five of diamonds, nickel & blue, brass, copper, silver, pearl fluorescent Fly fishing:
- Fly patterns to include: Lefty’s deceiver in chartreuse and white, red and white, blue and white, Clouser Minnow in chartreuse and white, blue and white and black and white, Sea Habit Bucktail in anchovy and herring colours, Burk’s Hot Flash Minnow in anchovy colour, Roger’s Big Eye Baitfish in blue back colour, patterns tied on 1/0 and 2/0 hooks
- Large spinners, medium spoons, top water bass type lures, 1⁄2 oz. Jigs Fly Fishing:
- Fly patterns to include; Waller’s Pearly Popper in chartreuse, Dahlburg’s Megadiver in orange/black and white, Umpqua Pike fly in chartreuse/frog, Lefty’s Bit Fish Deceiver in chartreuse and white, red and white, Barry Renolds Pike Fly in black, red and yellow. Patterns tied on 2/0 and 3/0 hooks
- Small spoons, small spinners
- Fly Fishing: Parachute Adams, Elk Hair Caddis, Humpies in green, red and black bodies, Mosquito, Royal Wulff, Gold Bead Hares Ear nymph, Gold Bead Prince Nymph, Flashback Pheasant Tail nymph. Patterns tied on #16, #14 and #12 hooks
Please Note: By Law, all hooks are required to be Barbless + Stark Lake is to be single barbless when targeting Northern Pike
LEADERS, SNAP SWIVELS & LINE
- 100+ lb ball bearing, welded swivels, 40 lb. braided line & 6’ fluorocarbon leader
- 50 lb wire leaders
- 4-8 lb. mono line & leaders #7-#8 swivels Northern Pike:
- 20-30 lb. wire leaders, 30 lb. braided line